Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Local Garden Shops
10-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Local Garden Shops
I know most of us order online. However, most times I prefer supporting local businesses. I was wondering if anyone knew of any local places that are great for picking up nutrients, soil, lights, pots (basically, your all-in-one gardening shop...LOL).

So far, the only one I'm aware of is Indoor Sun Shoppe in Fremont. Although the staff was knowledgeable and seemed pretty cool (again, new to this here so still have the look of a little kid in a candy store when I shop), there IS a sign on their door stating that they will not knowingly sell to a customer who's intent is to grow MMJ (regardless of legal status). I've seen this in a couple of places now.

I know it's best to be knowledgeable going in, but I'm easily distracted by all the types, varieties and styles of gardening. I'd like to be able to speak honestly about what I'm growing but also don't want to get the shop in any legal trouble. Although, I'm certain the girl that helped me knew exactly what I was talking about. Sometimes I forget I DON'T, actually, live in the magical land of Cascadia and in my awkward discussion about what I was growing (so she could help me choose my lighting) stated that after I sex them I'll be growing indoor flowers. I don't know all the lingo to use yet, but I do know that saying your will be sexing a plant is a pretty good indicator of your intentions. LOL Then I caught what I just said and she just kind of smiled as my eyes looked probably like something out of Family Guy. Then said to follow her. LMAO They have average prices and the staff is obviously, at least, friendly toward it. I'm sure the sign is merely for reasons in which the law is currently written in order to protect both them and us.

In any case...anyone else have favorite local gardening shops? Where are good places we can go to get our supplies while helping businesses around us?

A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Meade (and pretty much anything else she had to say)

ATF, SLH, SSH, Ice, Jack Rhino, White Widow, Purple Kush, Bogglegum, Pez, Silver Surfer, and 4 UK bag seed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2010, 02:42 PM
RE: Local Garden Shops
Steuber's in Snohomish has the best prices/inventory I've seen around here. Theyre not stuck up like a lot of the local shops either, their number is 360 568 2626

cheers!

~qb

~extraordinary machine.
10-27-2010, 03:01 PM
Ive been to a bunch of shops trying to find the best of the best prices recently. I have came across two that are real great around the N.Seattle area. First, Eco Enterprises, in Shoreline has a great selection of everything you would need or want. They also have great prices. I paid only $310 for my Phantom 400w Ballast and an Eye Hortilux Blue MH Bulb, and I have the convienience of in-store replacements if product is faulty. The damn online shops cant beat that. Its sucks to have to ship back and fourth in a pinch. Just in case you want to check them out, heres their number. #206-363-9981. The second place is Indoor Garden on Aurora in Edmonds. This place also has great prices and a great shop. Their number is #425-673-2755. Both places are willing to work with you on the prices and will beat the competitions selection and prices. At least those were the expiriences that I had. These places are chill with MMJ, but have a policy just like the rest.
10-27-2010, 03:02 PM
Stubers is great, I like them

if you want to talk open than try Go N' Green in marysville, its owned and operated by the people of Green Hope - cant speak on inventory of prices but I know roadie can.
10-27-2010, 03:44 PM
just say you're growing "tomato's", its like code. they'll know what you're up to and answer your questions accordingly. i live near steubers and like them, (all kinds of grow media) but they dont carry dutch masters. my fav shop is eco grow in shoreline. its a bit of a drive for me, but they have everything. and mercedes is my girl. she always treats me good and gives me deals when she can. they have replaced two of my digital balasts with brand new ones, no questions asked. they will also give you a loner balast if yours is in for repairs so you dont lose your crop. cool peeps fo sho. and dont worry, i've been growing for about six years and i still go in there like a kid in a candy shop. all the pretty colors and new gadgetry. damn you eco grow and your cool what nots that drain my wallet! Big Grin

current strains:
pandora's box (subcool)
querkle (subcool)
strawberry diesel (coffin cut)
pursang haze (sonic)
white widow
boggle gum
strawberry cough
super silver haze
10-27-2010, 08:49 PM
I would have to go with "Indoor Garden" on 99 for all but one of my needs.

Not too long ago i was in the market for the following:

2x 600w lumateks
2x Digilux HPS bulbs
2x Blockbuster 6" AC reflectors

So i scrounged around for the best prices i could find both local and inet, then gave her a call. Told her what i could get the items for, but that i would really like to support a local who has darn near everystuff in their inventory... and if she could get close to the figure i had come up with for an out the door transaction. (all this over the phone mind you) She crunched the #'s in a fairly quick fashion and had it all in stock for less than a 5% difference from what i had come up with. I was pleasantly surprised and she will called it for me to pick up hours later. Without her help and great service i would have been waiting for ground freight and additional shipping fees etc etc.

Indoor Garden is my goto place for garden goodies from now on!
The "Haggle" is not dead! Instant gratification kicks ass if you can get a deal!

My memory for names is not the best, talk to the owner..she's the only woman there.

Oh, almost forgot...the one thing they don't carry is Advanced Nutes.
froma all the shops i been too...not even online clearence beats
"Lynnwood Co-Op" .. tiny place, no big signage. But great prices on AN
10-27-2010, 11:59 PM
great heads up on the AN, I may just go take a look

If you shop at Eco in shoreline make sure you build a cart online than print it to get the Internet pricing. You also get a free gift depending on how much you spend so make sure that goes into your cart too!
10-28-2010, 02:03 AM
(10-27-2010 03:02 PM)JPHaze Wrote:  Stubers is great, I like them

if you want to talk open than try Go N' Green in marysville, its owned and operated by the people of Green Hope - cant speak on inventory of prices but I know roadie can.

My local shop is indoor garden depot they pretty much know what I am up to as well but I never let on that I am a patient, once they asked me though if I was in veg or flower. I go here for soil and foggers extra glass for the hood I got used etc.

Bish if you want to speak freely and get great advice I suggest go-n-green in marysville, it's worth the drive to speak freely to me and I live in federal way, they also have a 5% discount for green hope members, so stop by green hope before you go, if I had I would have saved my membership fee alone. They were just getting going when I went in August and I haven't been back since.

I have not made any major purchases since then either, however I bought a tent online for $200 cheaper than any local shop could do, and I saved about the same getting the second light online at propertyroom.com.

Qualifying Condition-Crohn's Disease
Lovin' you, is easy cause your beautiful...
10-28-2010, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2010 10:13 AM by Bishibanger.)
Thanks, guys. It's good to hear there are great local shops (I knew there HAD to be some since we grow some of the greatest bud here...LOL). NONE of these shops pulled up when I googled indoor gardening yesterday. Just as well, though, I feel better going somewhere recommended by people who know what they're doing. Big Grin

Thanks again, I can't wait to check them out and get that silly grin on my face while I stare at everything and say, "Coooooooooool". Big Grin Looks like I'm going to have to break down and pay that $40 membership feel to Green Hope. Man, that's a quarter at SCC! LMAO In any case, I can't wait to try all these shops. They seem fairly convenient for me to get too as well (well, Marysville is a drive, but sounds totally worth it).

If anyone needs anything and can't make it into one of the shops, I'd be happy to pick up for you if I'm free (always willing to check out garden stores, as long as what they call "indoor gardening" isn't merely a bunch of decorative crap...LOL). Just let me know. In fact, think I'm going to head to one of them right now.

Queen, btw, if I make it as far as Lynnwood, might have to give you a call as well. LOL Still can't wait to try YOUR, "shop" isn't the right word, but you know! LOL Big Grin

You guys are the BEST. This is gonna be like Christmas! YAY!

LOL, by the way, just went to propertyroom.com. Didn't realize it was a police auction site. ROFLOL

A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Meade (and pretty much anything else she had to say)

ATF, SLH, SSH, Ice, Jack Rhino, White Widow, Purple Kush, Bogglegum, Pez, Silver Surfer, and 4 UK bag seed.
10-28-2010, 11:43 AM
If you are making a big order I offer a 20% discount for thclist members...