Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Best CannaButter Recipe
10-26-2010, 10:06 AM
Best CannaButter Recipe
Alright everyone, i picked up two tubs of butter from bzb, but dont have a good recipe. I know there's some culinary med-masters here on thclist that could help me out with some amazing cookie/brownie recipes. any favorite butter recipe would be awesome. thanks guys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2010, 10:11 AM
RE: Best CannaButter Recipe
Treat yourself to some bomb chex mix. Throw all the good stuff in there!
And of course a few extra tablespoons of butter never hurt anybody... Big Grin
I make it all the time, it's a great on the go snack. It always does the trick too.

Think for yourself, Question Authority
10-26-2010, 10:32 AM
wow...thats genius, i never would have thought of that haha. thanks alot pot snob, i'll have to try that one out.
10-26-2010, 02:00 PM
anybody got anything else???
10-26-2010, 02:09 PM
well there's always cereal marshmallow bars , try capn crunch and fruity pebbles.
I have more, but I'm out and about today, I'll post more tonight! Big Grin

Think for yourself, Question Authority
10-26-2010, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2010 02:38 PM by Sodium.)
Here's the recipe I use for cinnamon rolls.

Ingredients
Dough:
• 1/4-ounce package yeast
• 1/2 cup warm water
• 1/2 cup scalded milk
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1/3 cup butter
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 egg
• 3 1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
Filling:
• 1/2 cup melted butter, plus more for pan
• 3/4 cup sugar, plus more for pan
• 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
• 3/4 cup raisins, walnuts, or pecans, optional
Glaze:
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 2 cups powdered sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 to 6 tablespoons hot water
Directions
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside. In a large bowl mix milk, sugar, melted butter, salt and egg. Add 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture. Mix in remaining flour until dough is easy to handle. Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes. Place in well-greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size, usually 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
When doubled in size, punch down dough. Roll out on a floured surface into a 15 by 9-inch rectangle. Spread melted butter all over dough. Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over buttered dough. Sprinkle with walnuts, pecans, or raisins if desired. Beginning at the 15-inch side, role up dough and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 12 to 15 slices.
Coat the bottom of baking pan with butter and sprinkle with sugar. Place cinnamon roll slices close together in the pan and let rise until dough is doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake for about 30 minutes or until nicely browned.
Meanwhile, mix butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Add hot water 1 tablespoon at a time until the glaze reaches desired consistency. Spread over slightly cooled rolls.
10-27-2010, 10:24 AM
wow, you guys are awesome. thanks a ton. keep em coming if you've got em, im sure im not the only one on here thats interested in some good recipes.
11-01-2010, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2010 09:36 AM by Sodium.)
Sugar cookies:

2 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup softened butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls and place onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
11-01-2010, 12:17 PM
I just got some CanaButter from a local guy and all i gotta say is.... DAMN. This stuff is so strong of flavor that i can't even eat it!! I got this tub of chronic butter, but it ruins the flavor of anything i put it on!! Anyone found a good way to eat this stuff without gagging to get it down?
11-01-2010, 12:21 PM
(11-01-2010 12:17 PM)DougyFresh420 Wrote:  I just got some CanaButter from a local guy and all i gotta say is.... DAMN. This stuff is so strong of flavor that i can't even eat it!! I got this tub of chronic butter, but it ruins the flavor of anything i put it on!! Anyone found a good way to eat this stuff without gagging to get it down?

You may want to try cutting the green butter with regular butter. If a recipe calls for 1 cup butter, try using 1/2 green and 1/2 normal. It should cut the taste a bit and still be potent enough, you just may need to eat more to get the desired effects.