Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Testing for THC and CBD content
12-10-2010, 10:09 PM
RE: Testing for THC and CBD content
i had all my stuff tested locally (dont want to say where just yet)

chemawg #4 was 25.2%
Nycd 23.78
bluedream 22.6

i tested 13 strains in all
the lowest was 16.5%, most ranged from 17 to 19
the BD oil was 73%
the Chemdawg bubble was 57%
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2010, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2010 03:39 AM by survyvr.)
Hey all,

Thought I'd provide some links to some additional info regarding this subject:

http://www.cannabisnews.org/united-state...marijuana/

http://www.cannabisnews.org/united-state...dical-pot/

http://www.fullspectrumlabs.com/

http://www.montanabotanicalanalysis.com/

FYI: Nope, I don't "shill" for anyone.
(Well, okay, ...maybe WA MMJ Patients, lol!)

Just a Thought, er..., or Three(IMO)....
As to most agricultural and pharmacological products that are for human consumption: They have to meet minimum safe standards
for a host of possible adulterants and contaminates(chemical, mineral, and biological/molds & fungus, etc).
With regard to Cannabis: This info(as above) AND accurate percentages of active and inactive cannabinoids(THC, CBD, CBN, & CBV, etc.),
are vital to our health and effective treatment.
Testing is the only way to honestly & accurately determine, ultimately, the safety of the medicine we use.
(Not to mention the determination of fact: That "Organic" is really "Organic", and not "Chemical/Salts" grown!)
I think that in the future, this model will be mandatory, to allow for the safe access to "clean" and "effective" medication for all patients.

my $.02 - s

PS: Take a look at "traditional" businesses that are "Established" and that utilize: 1) "Refrigerators & Freezers" -> Min/Max "Safe" Temps, Clean and/or Sterilized, and to: 2) "Scales" -> "Accurate", "Calibrated", and by "Whom", and "Clean", etc.?
[Note: Only two examples cited, of many possible.]
Currently, these are things that the state(the people) mandates, tests for, and certifies:
So that standards are met and maintained, in order to ensure the "Health & Safety" of the public. - s

PPS: "Unlabeled/Homemade" -"Medibles" in an "Un-Refrigerated" Display case, under Display lights? General and Specific cleanliness?
How accurate are those Scales? When were they last "Calibrated", and by Whom(the owner/mgr, lol!)? Clean(trash in tray?)? Etc.?
All these are the types of questions we should be asking ourselves, and if necessary, the co-ops we belong to!
Anybody not satisfactorily addressing these issues, when/if confronted, should be publicly scrutinized! - s
12-13-2010, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2010 06:18 PM by ISSxWC.)
A great post, survyvr.

Quality medicine is a great thing. Take care of your ladies as if they were your own kin.
As far as coops and yes, businesses go, I would hope more and more would take a look at what they are doing
and really assess whether they are providing the highest possible quality for the people of Washington State.

From what you already pointed out, survyvr, they can do this by really screening the medicine that they obtain.
Cannabis testing is a must in the coming days. I strongly feel this is not something that is done enough here in Washington.

Aside from lab testing, is visiting the site of a grow that you are obtaining medicine from such a bad idea?
Understanding the methods used by a medical marijuana provider is undoubtedly essential information.
Yet it often goes unchallenged and unquestioned, a blind faith in the grower's intentions.
I have personally examined medicine from multiple locations that had powdery mildew, spider mites, and botrytis.
Informing a budtender is the best thing that we can do. A better trained staff and caregivers can provide
the best service for those that suffer. Something we all do at times.

Also, yes, what's being labeled around here as organic is truly questionable. There is no level of certification at this time.
I'm trying to give the growers of Washington the benefit of the doubt that their method meets with my personal standards. One would hope.

Then again, if you want low quality medicine, that is your prerogative!

Here to help
12-17-2010, 11:10 AM
(10-20-2010 12:52 PM)SeattleSunshine Wrote:  Does anyone know any ways to go about testing your cannabis for its THC/CBD content? Or a place i can go that has the ability to test it? Anything would help thanks.

There is going to be one in the seattle area pretty soon. once i find out more i will keep this updated.
12-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Thanks, Skunkman. I think that lots of us would like to find a Seattle-based company where you can have your stuff tested for not too expensive.
03-28-2011, 04:36 PM
If you'd like to profile your bud using thin layer chromatography, like the cannalytics/alphanova folks in those $400 kits, I've got a cannabinoid dye that will visualize your results. I'll also tell you what chems to use to develop the plates which you can buy off ebay, you can get plates there as well. This is surplus to what I need. Here's the ebay link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...500wt_1156 or you can email me here on the forum if you want to buy it. $75/gm on the dye, probably enough for 50+ tests, you only need about 1/2 a match head to make it work. I have 3 grams available.

Let me know if you have any questions..
03-28-2011, 04:46 PM
I too have been interested in this.
However, I haven't been able to find any place locally.
Maybe if we say 'pretty please', Kaya will share with us where he got his stuff tested.

Sapere aude !
03-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Quote:Montana Botanical Analysis is a place in Bozeman, Mt, they charge $250 a pop but you get full certified results from professionals.

They won't take any out-of-state samples.
05-01-2011, 12:36 AM
in a "Oregon cannabis connection" news paper (what i would call it ) there is an ad for "oregongreen lab" says they provide thc cbd cbn %, also says they can test male flowers for relative potency (thought that was interesting.).. don't know how legit they are, but worth looking into.
05-02-2011, 01:05 PM
so the question still remains
are there any labs in WASHINGTON that will test?

btw, not trying to slam other states posters

fwiw