03-26-2012, 01:37 PM
RE: Low THC High CBD
Are Rascal clones available anywhere?

[Image: obey.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2012, 03:34 PM
(03-26-2012 07:41 AM)krusty Wrote:  I bought some purple kush clones at fweedom that came from NW clones. They list it at 10.3%CBD and 5% TCH tested at UW Medicine
http://www.nwclones.org/Available-Strains.html
maybe the folks at fweedom can tell you where to get some finished meds.

Mine is not done flowering yet, but I am excited!
Can we see those test results, IM VERY INTERESTED in a strain testing that high for CBD's im sure many others are too

Looks like space needle isnt being kept exclusive anymore lol
03-27-2012, 03:50 AM
(03-26-2012 03:34 PM)jayn Wrote:  
(03-26-2012 07:41 AM)krusty Wrote:  I bought some purple kush clones at fweedom that came from NW clones. They list it at 10.3%CBD and 5% TCH tested at UW Medicine
http://www.nwclones.org/Available-Strains.html
maybe the folks at fweedom can tell you where to get some finished meds.

Mine is not done flowering yet, but I am excited!
Can we see those test results, IM VERY INTERESTED in a strain testing that high for CBD's im sure many others are too

Looks like space needle isnt being kept exclusive anymore lol

Go to Fweedom.
03-27-2012, 07:00 AM
Thank you all for the input, I will have to get up to Seattle to try that.
03-28-2012, 08:16 PM
(03-26-2012 01:37 PM)Herb Wrote:  Are Rascal clones available anywhere?

I checked in with some growers I know who had it in their trays and they indicated it was not something they were likely to make cuttings of available at the moment (too new and special? I don't find it listed on leafly.com or medicalmarijuanastrains.com). Maybe other collectives out there with better stock will surface here.

Meanwhile this NWClones.org Purple Kush looks like a solid alternative affording a comparable THC/CBD ratio, nice light airy psychoactive effect concurrent with readily reduced body pain. Apparently they have verified the active compounds with UW Med and the strain's proving solid for mitigating body pain symptoms of heavy illness cases without psychoactive effect diminishing mental activity.
03-29-2012, 10:30 AM
(03-28-2012 08:16 PM)LXHayes Wrote:  
(03-26-2012 01:37 PM)Herb Wrote:  Are Rascal clones available anywhere?

I checked in with some growers I know who had it in their trays and they indicated it was not something they were likely to make cuttings of available at the moment (too new and special? I don't find it listed on leafly.com or medicalmarijuanastrains.com). Maybe other collectives out there with better stock will surface here.

Meanwhile this NWClones.org Purple Kush looks like a solid alternative affording a comparable THC/CBD ratio, nice light airy psychoactive effect concurrent with readily reduced body pain. Apparently they have verified the active compounds with UW Med and the strain's proving solid for mitigating body pain symptoms of heavy illness cases without psychoactive effect diminishing mental activity.

UW Med? I'm just really interested here, didn't think that a state school would sponsor any kind of research similar to this.
03-29-2012, 11:24 AM
(03-29-2012 10:30 AM)PurpleHazeHashOil Wrote:  
(03-28-2012 08:16 PM)LXHayes Wrote:  [...] Apparently they have verified the active compounds with UW Med and the strain's proving solid for mitigating body pain symptoms of heavy illness cases without psychoactive effect diminishing mental activity.

UW Med? I'm just really interested here, didn't think that a state school would sponsor any kind of research similar to this.

Maybe Fweedom or the NWClones folks have more insight. I didn't mean to give the impression I was aware of some sort of UW medical mumblejuana testing facility, I was just echoing observations reflected on the webpage and thinking about folks I know who work for the local hospital and research industry as well as patients who've been through it. With the number of cannabinoidally aware folks I know making modern medicine happen, I don't doubt isolated circumstances would qualify using the equipment to validate alternative solutions needed for treatments and I'm presuming this strain found itself under such circumstances.
03-29-2012, 12:43 PM
(03-29-2012 11:24 AM)LXHayes Wrote:  
(03-29-2012 10:30 AM)PurpleHazeHashOil Wrote:  
(03-28-2012 08:16 PM)LXHayes Wrote:  [...] Apparently they have verified the active compounds with UW Med and the strain's proving solid for mitigating body pain symptoms of heavy illness cases without psychoactive effect diminishing mental activity.

Maybe Fweedom or the NWClones folks have more insight. I didn't mean to give the impression I was aware of some sort of UW medical mumblejuana testing facility, I was just echoing observations reflected on the webpage and thinking about folks I know who work for the local hospital and research industry as well as patients who've been through it. With the number of cannabinoidally aware folks I know making modern medicine happen, I don't doubt isolated circumstances would qualify using the equipment to validate alternative solutions needed for treatments and I'm presuming this strain found itself under such circumstances.

If it's gossip I'm not really interested but if it's a real thing I'ld get involved on the collegiate scene.
03-30-2012, 06:14 AM
This might give some insight:
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweek...ijuana.php
04-07-2012, 01:37 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2012 01:41 AM by MJ-Joe.)
- We tested some LA Confidential that was in the 10.3 range on CBD, 5.5 on THC. Had a qp in the shop for only a couple hours before it was GONE, it went so fast! Also, Afghan Bullrider is well known to have high CBD levels and is a very good pain-strain. I would also recommend Tora Bora, a LA Con x Deep Chunk Indica hybeid. the LA, as stated above, can reach very high CBD levels, and Deep Chunk is also known for high levels of CBD.

- Also, keep in mind that just because a strain has relatively low THC and high CBD it doesn't necessarily mean it won't get you high. I would stay away from ANY OG Kush, even one that is testing lower on THC than CBD like that Raskal's. Raskal's OG is a very rare cut, as is any TRUE OG Kush. I've only smoked a couple REAL OGs up here.... Oh, plenty of stuff CALLED OG, but very little that actually IS. a real cut of OG Kush can set you back a few hundred dollars, even a grand or more, depending. I've heard of OG cuts going for INSANE amounts, as in $2,000.... And some of them are worth it, to have something so amazing and rare and be the only person in your area with it. Because of the lack of supply of OG, and the huge demand, some breeders have managed to re-create some of these OGs in seed form, some more successfully than others. The cut mentioned is probably a seed variant, probably from Cali Connection, and not the clone-only. I only say this because TRUE OGK clone only's are really hard to come by around here, I only know of one or two people with verified cuts. Since it's likely a Swerve OGK, there is is likely some Afghan #1 in there to make it so he could produce males to IBL with his Raskal's clone to make a seed strain with males and females out of a female-only clone. My point is that the high CBD in that particular Raskal's OG cutting is probably because it has some of that Afghan in it, maybe even an Affie dominant phenotype. I've heard of other Raskal's OG from seed testing at 18%, so apparently they're not ALL that low in THC. I would venture to say that low THC raskal is an exception, an odd pheno unlike most of her sisters. Pure OGK strains, even hybrids, are known for having very high levels of THC for Kush-based strains, most likely due to the fact that REAL OGs are barely Kushes at all, genetically. They have Chemdawg in them, a very complex and heady poly-hybrid strain, as well as some old-school Thai Sativa genetics in them along with the Pakistani Kush that gives them their "kush" namesake and much of their growth structure.

- It is possible, if this is indeed a Cali Connection seed version of Raskal's OGK (which is hybridized with a pure Afghan), that the specific cut we are talking about earlier may fit the bill for you.... However, do not EVER expect OG Kush strains to "not get you high" while they kill your pain, as they are some of the most sought-after strains in the world specifically because they get you so high while also relieving pain. I've had an OG cut called "Face Off" that actually gives you such a trippy high that it feels like your face is about to fly off your skull, but it does wonders for my neck. Raskal's cut is more similar to the San Fernando Valley (SFV) or to the Ghost cut, recognized as two of the first verified OG cuts, than it is like the Face Off or Abusive's OGK, so it may be a little stonier than someof the newer cuts.... But OGs are known for how high they get you, it's sorta their thing. I have a pot-snob friend in Colorado, and all he will smoke is OG or OG hybrids grown by Moonshine Man (who just won the HTCC cup for best Sativa with Ghost Train Haze). If OGs were JUST for pain relief with a low THC level, I don't think he would be into them. Some of the OGs he has had me try test at 20% THC or above, along with a fairly high CBD number... So in general, stay away from OGs if you JUST want CBD.

- Here's what you need to do: stick with strains that are as close to Landrace Kush as possible, and avoid Mazar-based kushes as I think there was some Sativa added into that lineage at some point by an industrious Hindu Kush ganja farmer. Mazars are easy to tell by looking, they are really the only true landrace kushes that foxtail like a sativa, and do not have the characteristic "bear-claw" leaves that a real PURE landrace kush will have, where the blades of each leaf overlap by like an inch, lol.. Stick with the Kushes that look short and chunky, with dense nuggets that have a high calyx to leaf ratio. Those are all traits that, when all apparent on the same plant, usually indicate a relatively unhybridized Indica. My Advice? Tora Bora or LA Confidential, and stay away from OGs unless you can find that specific raskal's cut mentioned earlier (and even then, it's still an OG, it might still get you high as fuck). Gas Chroms usually only test for 3 cannabinoids and there are more than 60 of them, even though most are analogues. that means there could be, and probably is, other stuff going on that we really don't even understand yet. Maybe it's got low THC, but a large portion of that THC is THVC. that is not outside the realm of possibility, and would manage to get you very high. Numbers don't always mean everything, they are just guidelines.

- Landrace Indicas, or relatively pure Afghani or Pakistani strains that are not very hybridised, are where you are gonna get your pain relief. And the advice about oral consumption instead of smoking is good, just make sure you dose yourself properly, otherwise you could get high doing that by taking too much. I know it's boring, but you want strains that mankind has barely laid hands on. One or two crosses is ok, as long as they stay in the Indica gene-pool, but stay away from poly-hybrids. They were designed specifically to take advantage of EVERYTHING weed can throw at you, the THC and the CBD, and I don't think OG Kush (a major poly-hybrid) would be so popular if it JUST killed pain. LA Confidential, Tora Bora, Afghan Bullrider, Afghan #1, Deep Chunk Indica, and other strains like that are what you are looking for. there is gonna be some trial and error, as some of these strains will couch-lock you while some will give you exactly what you are looking for. But try out these kinds of strains, and see which ones work best for you. These kinds of plants are where you are gonna find what you are looking for, practically pure Indicas that just happen to not give couch-lock because that is their genetic predisposition (not all pure Indies will couch lock you, and there is more to "couch-lock" that JUST high CBD, I'm sure of it). Personally, the 10.3% LA Con is what I would pick. It gave me a strong body buzz, killed ALL my pain, and left me perfectly clear and lucid, ready to administer to patients. I'd shoot for some LA Con from seed, it's more readily available online than many of the strains discussed (though not all), and it will definitely fit the bill.