Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Retrial of William Kurtz
12-09-2013, 08:47 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2013 09:04 AM by james sr.)
Retrial of William Kurtz
https://www.facebook.com/events/178542175680012/

The Supreme Court decided Medical use was lawful, but left it to Thurston County on whether to refile and retry him again. With about an hour left to do so, they did.

First hearing and every appearance thereafter needs to be full of patients to support him and our cause. Come out if you can and support Justice!

Please show up and support Bill Kurtz !!

[When]
Thursday, December 19, 2013
[Time]
9:00am in PST
[Where]
2000 Lakeridge Dr SW, Olympia, Washington 98502-6001

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a bunch of scum bags !! Angry
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2013, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2013 10:19 AM by Slydog.)
RE: Retrial of William Kurtz
Don Skakie

Steve Sarich and others wanting to help, please remember and be considerate of a few things.
This case affects Bill first and foremost. He not only has legal representation, he has had other legal offices come forward offering legal help on his case.
He wants to win. He would like support in the courtroom, but wants it to be respectful of the court. Bill dresses for court in suit and tie to be respectful of the court. To support Bill, anyone attending should do the same. Reasonable, rational and mainstream.
DO NOT show up with signs, banners or anything else that may prejudice his chance for a victory.

DO NOT use his case or his court appearances to do anything other than support Bill until after the verdict has been delivered. His case is important to so many patients that IT should be the sole focus of the days in court.
DO wear red as part of your attire without being provocative to the judge or jury.
Thank you all for coming out to support Bill.

Also, Bill screens his calls, so if you call him and he does not pick up or return your calls, he may not want to discuss the matter. Respect Bill, support Bill!

https://www.facebook.com/events/178542175680012/

http://blog.seattlepi.com/vivianmcpeak/2...operation/

http://www.hemp.org/news/content/washing...-marijuana
12-10-2013, 09:31 AM
I almost hope that they will close this trial to the public...too many variables, like the dumb girl telling the WSP officer " I drive better stoned" at the Lobby Day in Olympia. Some people have no respect for the courts and the last thing Bill needs is angry, loudmouth, "activists" (I say this because SOME people think they are being activists but honestly just want to bitch about something they know very little about and have NO self control.) in his courtroom. Real activists know when to hold back and when to fight for the greater good. This will prejudice him the most, jurors that show up are usually law abiding citizens, they don't want to see a bunch of smelly hippies all pissed off and "protesting." Let the man have his day in court without a bunch of drama. And oh my God, think of the armchair lawyers that will talk and talk about how the attorney did something "wrong" and try to object lol. This could potentially end up a cluster fuck if the wrong people show up.
With that said, I do hope that the people who show up will control themselves and not make a horrible mess out of a case that should be won on its own merits.
Kurtz will prevail without the drama!
12-10-2013, 01:28 PM
(12-10-2013 09:31 AM)commander greenthumb Wrote:  I almost hope that they will close this trial to the public...too many variables, like the dumb girl telling the WSP officer " I drive better stoned" at the Lobby Day in Olympia. Some people have no respect for the courts and the last thing Bill needs is angry, loudmouth, "activists" (I say this because SOME people think they are being activists but honestly just want to bitch about something they know very little about and have NO self control.) in his courtroom. Real activists know when to hold back and when to fight for the greater good. This will prejudice him the most, jurors that show up are usually law abiding citizens, they don't want to see a bunch of smelly hippies all pissed off and "protesting." Let the man have his day in court without a bunch of drama. And oh my God, think of the armchair lawyers that will talk and talk about how the attorney did something "wrong" and try to object lol. This could potentially end up a cluster fuck if the wrong people show up.
With that said, I do hope that the people who show up will control themselves and not make a horrible mess out of a case that should be won on its own merits.
Kurtz will prevail without the drama!

You know as well as any of us, this case will win itself on the merits.. of a medical necessity defense.. and the state has no chance in hell of winning..

Their hope is the defense has no medical experts which will testify.. it cost $$$ for those..

And the state can't use motions to deny a defense..

Don't worry, this armchair won't be in the crowd.. Tongue smarty pants.lol.

Open court is a constitutional right unless it will prejudice the case..

What makes you think, DRAMA will enter this case ? Did it the 1st time around ? NOPE!
12-10-2013, 11:12 PM
Common ground.

See, that wasn't so hard. Go get em Kurtz! We ALL support you
12-11-2013, 09:36 AM
James: the drama comes from the high level of tension already, people are ready to set fire to the capital i'm sure. Patients across the state are unifying and unfortunately this draws the attention of people who just like to bitch and make asses out of the rest of us. It is harsh but unfortunately true. This tension was not around as strong during the original trial, things are very different this time, especially since they are retrying a man with MS in a fucking wheelchair and trumping up additional charges after the SUPREME COURT validated his right to a defense. I am for one outraged at the prosecutors for deciding to retry him and I would have to do some serious meditating before attending.
I understand basic con law James, open court is a right but my concern (if you would read better lol) is that it WILL prejudice him. My point is that I hope all realize what this is really about (Bill) and not use this as a springboard for their own agenda. After the verdict is in by all means fucking roit if you have to lol just keep the drama out of the courtroom during the trial.
And that armchair comment wasn't directed at you specifically. but if the shoe fits, wear that bitch lol.
I truly wish the best for all involved and those that participate.
12-11-2013, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2013 11:58 AM by james sr.)
(12-11-2013 09:36 AM)commander greenthumb Wrote:  James: the drama comes from the high level of tension already, people are ready to set fire to the capital i'm sure. Patients across the state are unifying and unfortunately this draws the attention of people who just like to bitch and make asses out of the rest of us. It is harsh but unfortunately true. This tension was not around as strong during the original trial, things are very different this time, especially since they are retrying a man with MS in a fucking wheelchair and trumping up additional charges after the SUPREME COURT validated his right to a defense. I am for one outraged at the prosecutors for deciding to retry him and I would have to do some serious meditating before attending.
I understand basic con law James, open court is a right but my concern (if you would read better lol) is that it WILL prejudice him. My point is that I hope all realize what this is really about (Bill) and not use this as a springboard for their own agenda. After the verdict is in by all means fucking roit if you have to lol just keep the drama out of the courtroom during the trial.
And that armchair comment wasn't directed at you specifically. but if the shoe fits, wear that bitch lol.
I truly wish the best for all involved and those that participate.

[Image: 120326_talkcmmntillus_p233.jpg]

On another note: What charges are they adding after the ruling ? What could they possibly come up with ? manufacturing with intent to Deliver ? or some charge covered by the cannabis act ?

Or was he in violation of one of the new DOJ 8 bullet points ?

Seriously, the state has no legs under it's table, or a hat hanger to hang a hat on..

The only "prejudice" Bill is facing or could face, is not from the community if they show up pissed as hell.. but from being charged again.. without just cause.. the man is indigent and the state is using that system in an outrageous manner.. I would call it abuse of a system process.. knowingly bilking an OPEN bank account so to speak.. the indigent fund.