Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Co2 hash oil?
06-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Co2 hash oil?
Has any one heard of this method of extraction? if so, does any1 have a good technique? curious to see what everyone says, ive only had BHO, budder, "rick simpson" oil and "dehydrated bho" so im wondering how Co2 oil compares?
Thanks bud world
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2011, 06:57 PM
RE: Co2 hash oil?
IMO a good Iso extraction can be as good or better then a butane extraction in terms of taste. I haven't tried CO2 oil, or at least I assume I haven't...
06-23-2011, 12:44 AM
(06-22-2011 06:57 PM)PurpleHazeHashOil Wrote:  IMO a good Iso extraction can be as good or better then a butane extraction in terms of taste. I haven't tried CO2 oil, or at least I assume I haven't...

Heard the cO2 stuff was really popular in norcal, called gold dust or something?
definitely curious about co2 extraction method
06-23-2011, 07:41 AM
(06-23-2011 12:44 AM)360_Treez Wrote:  
(06-22-2011 06:57 PM)PurpleHazeHashOil Wrote:  IMO a good Iso extraction can be as good or better then a butane extraction in terms of taste. I haven't tried CO2 oil, or at least I assume I haven't...

Heard the cO2 stuff was really popular in norcal, called gold dust or something?
definitely curious about co2 extraction method
I picked up a few grams of the C02 gold dust in san jose. It isn't really all that impressive to me. I like the budder we get up here much more.

Think for yourself, Question Authority
06-25-2011, 10:18 AM
I got some from SMMA a few months back, but it sold out in like a day!
I think it is better that the BHO I make, for sure.

Very pure, very clean...neat stuff for sure!
It tastes like eucalyptus or camphor, but not much else. No smell/taste that even resembles the strain it was made from. It is the slightest amber color, and completely transparent.
This stuff IS out there, but if using the super critical extraction method, the hardware costs around 100k (from what I have found)...hence, making it sort of hard to find.
If you are really intent on scoring some of this stuff, start with SMMA. They were the only cats I have ever seen who even knew what it was, let alone carried it in their selection. They may still be out (they have been waiting for 'the guy' to come in with more, for what seems like a month) but it is worth asking. Talk to the big, hairy, lovable budtender they have working the weekend...he knows about it.

I have got a small bit in my freezer that I swore I would save to share with AVCS. But, after talking about this, he needs to hurry up before I toss it in the vape for a real afternoon delight!

Sapere aude !
08-27-2011, 07:48 PM
I think its a great grift. I will believe co2 is real when I see it made.

But I challenge someone to prove me wrong and video tape the process of co2 has being made.

Otherwise I feel the providers are acting like drug dealers.

710IL
[Image: greenlanternsignature.jpg]
08-29-2011, 12:14 AM
There are a couple different ways of c02 extraction... one requires a minimum of about $20k worth of equipment, and is the right way to do it. The cheap way to do it is with a 100lb c02 tank. Obviously it's night and day for quality difference between the two and the cost to match.

To the best of my knowledge I have never seen 'proper' c02 extraction in/around Seattle or WA as a whole. I'd certainly be interested in it if someone were actually able to do it properly and test it to prove.
08-29-2011, 11:06 AM
(08-29-2011 12:14 AM)Quality Wrote:  There are a couple different ways of c02 extraction... one requires a minimum of about $20k worth of equipment, and is the right way to do it. The cheap way to do it is with a 100lb c02 tank. Obviously it's night and day for quality difference between the two and the cost to match.

To the best of my knowledge I have never seen 'proper' c02 extraction in/around Seattle or WA as a whole. I'd certainly be interested in it if someone were actually able to do it properly and test it to prove.

I have heard about that as well. But Have never seen it done nor heard how its supposed to be done. There are so many forms that hash will come from BHO that i kinda feel the co2 is a grift.

710IL
[Image: greenlanternsignature.jpg]