Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Landrace "REAL" Kona Gold- Cutting Edge Genetics. Holy Crap!
05-06-2011, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2011 06:58 PM by IceShark.)
Tongue Landrace "REAL" Kona Gold- Cutting Edge Genetics. Holy Crap!
                Submitted By: IceShark, Reviewer to the stars!

Camera Used: Canon 3500

Name: LANDRACE KONA GOLD. The stuff that us old school smokers dream about.

Grade: A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Type: Sativa and HOW! Some of the best I have enjoyed in years!

Price:
Some local Co-ops. Not in stock yet. Grow just finished. TBD

Looks: Covered in multi-colored spindly hairs, with lots of crystals. The Buds are as compact as a cow pie… Dense and big rock like. Almost more orange in color then green. One look and you know it’s a Landrace Sativa dominant bowl of goodness.

Smell: Better roll down the windows! This stuff smells like a skunk just sprayed your pocket, Sweet citrus with an odd hint of haze round out this perfect grown bud.

Taste: Really fruity, the taste stays on your tongue for a while. I did not think I would be more impressed then I was with a couple other Landrace strains from Cutting Edge. But this one beats Panama Red that I already was in love with from this great grower. It draws smooth and sweet/skunkie. Then it has a nice expansion in the lungs. The breath out is sweet and stinky like 1979! Oh man this is the best yet!

Buzz Type: Classic sativa with an obvious creep to it. My first reaction was wow, kind of tame for a compact sativa.. Then at about 15 minutes in on a couple joint hits I and my boat mates were like. Wow this is freaking strong. But unlike a true almost purely Sativa bud. This one about 30 minutes in gets very euphoric and stony If you would have not told me it was almost pure Sativa I would have compared it to a old school real White Widow. Both the Sativa and Indica high combines to make one hell of a great buzz. We were laughing, listening to music and fishing and it was like old days for old stoners!

Buzz Length: Long. 2 Hours+. Come down was smooth too.

Overall: For those of you young guns wondering why us old timers keep talking about the great strains of yesteryear. Here is a chance to see for yourself just how great real old school Landrace strains were and now thanks to Cutting Edge are today. This is the closest yet to how we felt when we loaded a metal pipe or bong made of a Tuborg gold bottle with a lamp shade topper as our bowl back at the drive in movies in 1979. It is fricken AWESOME!

Thanks again Cutting Edge for caring about your products and grows. You are quickly setting the stage as to what is the best MMJ in WA. Thanks again for letting me sample this just cured and ready for donations great MMJ strain.

My only concern is how do you top this grow!
Maybe your Acapulco Gold will do it next!

In Closing here is a C/P about Kona Gold from the seed company that supplies it.
Direct from Hawaii comes this high octane landrace sativa jet!

Love you all!
Iceshark

Living and Medicating in the great Pac Northwest. Read my reviews on your favorite Medications here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2011, 06:59 PM
RE: Landrace "REAL" Kona Gold- Cutting Edge Genetics. Holy Crap!
Looks beautiful!!!

So, I noticed it's recently harvested....how long has it dried/cured?

Also, what do you think it will look/taste like with a nice long cure? I loooove those long cures!!

Yesterday upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there.
I saw the man again today, I wish he would just go away.
05-06-2011, 07:06 PM
(05-06-2011 06:59 PM)mandoluce Wrote:  Looks beautiful!!!

Also, what do you think it will look/taste like with a nice long cure? I loooove those long cures!!

I will let Cutting Edge jump in here. They NEVER rush to market and only well cure there meds. This med was perfect to me. I do agree I love proper long cures. Nothing can ruin a good grow faster then a short cut bad cure.

Living and Medicating in the great Pac Northwest. Read my reviews on your favorite Medications here.
05-06-2011, 07:10 PM
(05-06-2011 07:06 PM)iceshark Wrote:  

I will let Cutting Edge jump in here. They NEVER rush to market and only well cure there meds. This med was perfect to me. I do agree I love proper long cures. Nothing can ruin a good grow faster then a short cut bad cure.

Alrighty.

I agree, I've seen so many great ambitious grows ruined by impatient/short cures. It just makes me sad.

Yesterday upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there.
I saw the man again today, I wish he would just go away.
05-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Love to get a taste. When this finds it's way to market will ya let me know where to hunt it down. Smile

Peace.
05-07-2011, 10:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2011 10:31 PM by Tim.)
(05-06-2011 07:06 PM)iceshark Wrote:  

Hello, I cure in two stages 1st for one month second for one month , unless I get rushed some times the second will be 1 to 2 weeks , The demand shortens it a little sometimes, I know that seems long , But thats how us outdoor growers do it. the average cure here is 7 days , just enough time for it to dry thats it, there is only one good way to cure , and that I will keep to myself for now, but I can say I only know 1 other here who cures like me and he is from cal as well, Thats why you will see my kush's are way different than others here, Ag and Kona gold are equal but different, also malawi is another favorite , but I only do that outdoors
05-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Tim: "there is only one good way to cure"

Inquiring minds want to know.

Approved medical patient under RCW69.51a
05-08-2011, 12:22 PM
[quote='danabis' pid='24869' dateline='1304872765']
Tim: "there is only one good way to cure"

Inquiring minds want to know.
[/quoteOk look just cure with time, no heat , no dehumidifiers unless your above 70% humidity, no light if possible, never ever clip your branches and hang them seperate , I guess I can tell that one , oh and if your product comes out to be average , which happens to the best of us trust me, Then i would just make something out of it , hash or whatever
05-08-2011, 12:43 PM
From reviewing and growing for years and years. Tims cure makes for some of the cleanest and best smoke meds in WA. As you see from my and Sodiums threads. This is for real! We are extremelly lucky to have him emerge in our community. Tim, I am getting many calls and emails as to where your meds are available for donation.

05-08-2011, 01:07 PM
I see these great reviews for cutting edge strains but I have no idea where to find them.. please let me know where I can experience this beauty as well Smile