Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Northern Cross in Bellingham
04-23-2011, 12:59 AM
Northern Cross in Bellingham
Was in downtown BHAM today and had to check out the new store-front dispensary in Bellingham.

Unfortunately i wasnt very impressed. If you have the chance to go there because u want to pick out high quality medicine, i would advise AGAINST going.

There is no degree of privacy, and the level of professionalism is non-existant. The bud tender greeted me with "I'm heavily medicated right now" and later flat out said "god im so stoned right now." To make things worse, when i was deciding what strain to pick, i asked if certain ones would be more effective than others and hoped for a description, but the only answer i received was "oh yea that one is really good."

At 11, 12 and 13 dollars per gram for "top shelf" (which is quite an expensive donation for what it was). I really expected more.

Unfortunately this collective cannot compete with its other rivals in Bellingham like Terra Canna, Mt baker Collective, and Doja Rose. These collectives have quality of meds and treats, privacy and level of professionalism that greatly surpasses that of Northern Cross.

I'm sorry to hate or give a low "rating" because they are doing a great service for patients in the 3-6-0. But they need a change or a few tweaks in their company, however, they have potential!! with some really nice dehydrated BHO and a few tweaks maybe someday the newly opened Northern Cross can compete with the others and it will be interesting to see how they progress.

Thats my 2 cents
one love.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2011, 06:43 AM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2011 06:48 AM by mandoluce.)
RE: Northern Cross in Bellingham
(04-23-2011 12:59 AM)Breathe.deep18 Wrote:  Was in downtown BHAM today and had to check out the new store-front dispensary in Bellingham.

Unfortunately i wasnt very impressed. If you have the chance to go there because u want to pick out high quality medicine, i would advise AGAINST going.

There is no degree of privacy, and the level of professionalism is non-existant. The bud tender greeted me with "I'm heavily medicated right now" and later flat out said "god im so stoned right now." To make things worse, when i was deciding what strain to pick, i asked if certain ones would be more effective than others and hoped for a description, but the only answer i received was "oh yea that one is really good."

At 11, 12 and 13 dollars per gram for "top shelf" (which is quite an expensive donation for what it was). I really expected more.

Unfortunately this collective cannot compete with its other rivals in Bellingham like Terra Canna, Mt baker Collective, and Doja Rose. These collectives have quality of meds and treats, privacy and level of professionalism that greatly surpasses that of Northern Cross.

I'm sorry to hate or give a low "rating" because they are doing a great service for patients in the 3-6-0. But they need a change or a few tweaks in their company, however, they have potential!! with some really nice dehydrated BHO and a few tweaks maybe someday the newly opened Northern Cross can compete with the others and it will be interesting to see how they progress.

Thats my 2 cents
one love.

I agree with you 100% BD18...however I would like to emphasize the amount of dissapointment I felt when I tried this place. Not only did I call them on their "Purple Jesus" smelling like mexi schwag to which they had the obvious and legitimate reason that, "we have to carry some lower priced meds for our poorer patients". So what - that means you can push shitty meds? Also, after about a 3 second inspection of their clones, I noticed mite damage on all of them. I mentioned this to which he replied, "which ones?" to which I replied, "all of them". They then proceded to tell me that they were all organic and sometimes organics get pests (hmm?), but not to worry since the mites were eradicated before the clones were taken, thats why there was mite damage......um no. No thanks. I could not believe they even wanted to show a plant with ANY mite damage, with or without infestation (they are definately banking on taking advantage of the ignorant). So I ended up wanting the deal on their website - bring 4 non-perishable food items and spend 20 bucks and get a free joint...I didn't even want to spend $20!!!! Plus, they definately showed me the top heady buds of the 2g of blue dream I payed $24 for, and then swapped it with some lower branch wispy bud bullshit with all kinds of stems...Employees were definately unprofessional, and I definately had a stoned bud tender as well.

Overall this was a very dissapointing experience, and I've heard the same reaction from some of my closest friends/family who have visited there.

Bellingham folks - STAY AWAY FROM NORTHERN CROSS! Do not get infatuated with them just because they have a store front! There are many other much better collectives that offer QUALITY meds for WAY CHEAPER!! Plus they deliver it!

I didn't want to be the person to rant about a business, because I am excited about the prospect of store fronts in Bellingham, however Northern Cross broke all the rules of opening a legitimate dispensary. Epic Fail!

Yesterday upon the stair, I saw a man who wasn't there.
I saw the man again today, I wish he would just go away.
04-23-2011, 06:55 AM
Thanks for the kind words!, unfortunately this seems to be the buzz about town.

Not to worry though, I know of another store opening in bellingham. Location to be announced once its done, I think most whatcomites will be happy.

And just FYI, you will never see Terra Canna doing interviews in the paper or on the radio, and if you do it will be followed by the quote "we respectfully decline".

[Image: National-Weed-Day-420.gif]Terra Canna Collective
04-23-2011, 06:57 AM
Any word on what name they go by? Or is that to be announced later as well? Tongue

(04-23-2011 06:55 AM)Terra Canna Wrote:  Thanks for the kind words!, unfortunately this seems to be the buzz about town.

Not to worry though, I know of another store opening in bellingham. Location to be announced once its done, I think most whatcomites will be happy.

And just FYI, you will never see Terra Canna doing interviews in the paper or on the radio, and if you do it will be followed by the quote "we respectfully decline".

04-23-2011, 07:07 AM
Hehe, We will be keeping the same name.

[Image: National-Weed-Day-420.gif]Terra Canna Collective
04-23-2011, 07:22 AM
Gotcha - just didn't know if you were referring to someone else hehe. Big Grin

(04-23-2011 07:07 AM)Terra Canna Wrote:  Hehe, We will be keeping the same name.

04-23-2011, 08:11 AM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2011 08:12 AM by northgreens.)
Thats great news for patients in the north end... havent been to northern cross but from the sounds of it,I dont want to even waste my time.. THANKS TO ALL THE GREAT CO OPS UP NORTH MBC>TERRA>DOJA>BESTMEDICINE, Glad your all up in whatcom helping patients out instead of having to drive 90 min!
04-23-2011, 10:26 AM
(04-23-2011 08:11 AM)northgreens Wrote:  Thats great news for patients in the north end... havent been to northern cross but from the sounds of it,I dont want to even waste my time.. THANKS TO ALL THE GREAT CO OPS UP NORTH MBC>TERRA>DOJA>BESTMEDICINE, Glad your all up in whatcom helping patients out instead of having to drive 90 min!
which collective is Best Medicine? Im up in Bham and can use all the resources available! Thanks
04-23-2011, 11:53 AM
northern cross just need's A bud tender who really uses the plant medicinally. and a better selection with better suggested donations...13 a g is to much bro! + get someone that actually medicates with your bho. Not just tell someone it good.. this tells me nothing about it's medicating quality's......terra canna came over a few times and will not be aloud back. dood looked way to fucked up to help anyone. haven't had the chance to meet with doja rose yet but big ups for the farmers market I keep hearing about...never even heard of bestmedicine...........best collectives up here are mt baker collective and Puget soud holistic center

Education is power.
04-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Northern cross is ran by a drug dealer, he found a building and SELLS weed to ppl. He's been in trouble many times with the police and is well known for not vein on the up and up.