Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Glycerin Tincture
02-11-2011, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2011 02:59 PM by VoodooExtractions.)
Glycerin Tincture
Allright, I have/can make a very good alcohol based tincture, but I'm trying to stay away from alcohol because of my stomach and would like to move into the world of making as potent of glycerin tinctures as possible for myself.

SOOOOO I have 2 questions for the amazing panel of minds that frequent this site:
1) I've heard 2 distinct methods for making glycerin tincture. Which method has the best success; letting it sit over time periodically shaking in a dark area like with an alcohol, or a very low heat cook method like butter but lower temp?

2)Does anyone know glycerin’s saturation point? Every liquid medium has a saturation point, does anyone know at what point shoving more meds in becomes pointless? Is it like 14g to every pint? (just pullin that guess out of thin air to clarify)

The Pot Paradox: An empty bowl needs to be filled, a full bowl needs to be emptied!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2011, 02:37 PM
RE: Glycerin Tincture
1) Both methods are equally effective assuming you give it enough time either way, you should extract the same stuff. Use both if you want to.
2) I don't have the answer but could you tell me what the saturation point is for alcohol? I make oil and use a random amount of ISO pretty much, would love to have a number for the maximum amount I need.
02-12-2011, 05:39 PM
I to would like to know the saturation point is for alcohol?
I made an tincture using 190 proof Everclear then boiled 1/2 of the alcohol off and ended of with a strong tincture.
I was then wondering what if I mixed the alcohol tincture in with glycerin and boiled off all the alcohol or left a little of the alcohol in with the glycerin would that help to keep the oil from migrating out?
02-17-2011, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2011 01:17 PM by VoodooExtractions.)
With alcohol it changes based on the proof, brand and whether you're using a super saturation technique, freeze your alcohol first or do it room temperature in the dark (anyone that's gone through chem. class knows saturation points are relative to how saturated the medium already is and temperature) Smile

For example if you do what gdbud did but only cooked off the 4-5% water in that 190 proof bottle, and then reduced the temperature and put a lid on it to keep from evaporation(just remember, sometimes with my methods im not to worried about blowing up.....lol) , you know you have reached the super saturation point once you get crystal shards starting to form in the liquid. This means that all the sugars/cb2/thc coming out of your medicine has bonded with as much of your medium as it possibly can, and has started bonding with itself and falling to the bottom. Once you've got an idea of when these crystals start forming with your preferred proof/brand you know you've reached a super saturation point, so just a little bit less cannabis without heat will yield a full saturation tincture. (at least that's how I did it)

However it's my impression that all vegetable glycerins are running at similar saturation/absorption levels, which means the saturation point would just be relative to your method. So easier/different question, people recommend handling the ratio similar to alcohol?

The Pot Paradox: An empty bowl needs to be filled, a full bowl needs to be emptied!
02-20-2011, 11:28 AM
I make a good glycerin it is some work to make I did not there was a daman for it ?? guess I should offer it in my line
Topical-way
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-20-2011, 11:30 AM
If you make glycerin you should def make it available like asap!
03-03-2011, 01:43 AM
I make the most potent tictures available permafrost is the brand you can find it at bizzy bee and suzie qs I suggest you try that and see if you like it and ill ne happy to share the recipe if you give a rating of it!!
03-03-2011, 05:22 PM
I love a good ticture. I haven't tried them on a few months. The alcohol one burned too much and just did not kick in. So, I am definitely interested in a stronger one. I will pick some up from BZB, and give a review. Heads up tho, I am a bit of a heavy hitter and it takes more then the average mmj to work with me... I hate that part!!!! oh well, such as life.. Big Grin Thanks Perma... can't wait!
03-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Made 10 oz. Got this shit on lock. Drank it all at once and fucken passed out 15 minutes later! Prime Time!
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom."

03-08-2011, 12:19 AM
(03-04-2011 09:58 AM)VoodooExtractions Wrote:  Made 10 oz. Got this shit on lock. Drank it all at once and fucken passed out 15 minutes later! Prime Time!
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom."

Sounds like you figured out your dosage issue, LOL!

Sapere aude !