Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Shipping Edibles?
01-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Shipping Edibles?
Anyone have any advice on shipping medibles? Best carrier? Best method of packaging?

Been waiting to send my sister some feel-good home-cooked grub, but don't know how to go abouts shipping.

Cheers!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2011, 05:28 PM
RE: Shipping Edibles?
Seal a meal ? Bubble mailer ? That should stop any odor. Next day air, less time in their system hence less time for detection ?
01-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Hi Inkrap
I ship all the time both in state and out and ganga is exactly right. I don't even bother pre-boxing. If I'm shipping cookies I just use gallon ziplock bags with the cookies in one bag and that bag in another. I don't do this for the smell but just in case one bag opens up during shipping. If I'm shipping brownies or fudge I'll usually send them sealed in a rubbermaid container so there's no chance of them getting crushed.
As far as shipping companies I usually use UPS since the UPS store will box them as well as ship them.
I don't like to use the regular mail only because it's a federal agency and no need tempting the fates however if they are being shipped to a mailbox address you have no choice.
01-30-2011, 10:00 AM
I've used Fedex multiple times and have never had a problem.